Africa & Middle East (AFME)
Scikit-learn Open Source Sprint
February 6, 2021 (Saturday)
10am to 2pm (EAT)
We are excited to announce our 2021 scikit-learn open source sprint! The scikit-learn sprint is a hands-on "hackathon" where we work on issues in the scikit-learn GitHub repo and learn to contribute to open source.
This event is by application, and applications are processed on a rolling basis.
OUR GOAL: This sprint is focused on increasing the participation of folks in scikit-learn from the Africa and Middle East regions.
WHEN: Saturday, February 6, 2021
TIME: 10am to 2pm (EAT)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 22 January 2021
Casablanca (WET): 8am - 12pm
Nairobi (EAT): 10am - 2pm
Reference: Time Converter
1. Follow the Code of Conduct and contribute to creating a professional, welcoming and inclusive environment.
2. Must have a GitHub account.
3. Must have working knowledge of Python.
4. Must have some knowledge and experience using scikit-learn, the Python machine learning library.
5. It is helpful to have some familiarity with Git.
Crash course in contributing to open source projects
Example of Submitting a Pull request to scikit-learn
scikit-learn Sprint instructions Vol 2